High Temperature Lithium Polymer Battery, Still Needs To Be Handled With Care
Heat is the worst enemy of batteries:
- Some materials in lipo battery such as separators and electrolytes have low melting and boiling points.
- Negative chemical reactions occur inside the battery in high tempearture.
- Charging and discharging at high temperature leads to gas generation that might cause a cylindrical cell to vent and a pouch cell to swell, so reduce battery safety and battery life.Considering above, battery manufacturers always set strict temperature protect in PCM to aviod any safety risk.
Regular lipo battery can meet most applications, the tempearture range is as below:
- Charging tempearture: 0~45 centigrade.
- Discharging tempearture: -20~60 centigrade.
However, some special applications such as vehicle GPS, vehicle camera face high temperature environment, it’s higher than 60 centigrade in the vehicle in summer, then need the high temperature battery solution.
Motoma High Temperature Battery
Motoma develops reliable high temperature battery via using special raw material such as high temperature electrolyte, the battery can be stored in 85 centigrade for 4 hours without any battery damage.
It’s not good for lipo battery if always work in high temperatue environment, so any high temperature applications still need to be carefully handled, for details please contact Motoma team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Battery model||7.4V LIP554158 1500mAh|
|Standard charging current||300mA (0.2C)|
|End current||15mA (0.01C)|
|Max. charging current||750mA (0.5C)|
|Standard discharging current||300mA (0.2C)|
|Max. discharging current||1500mA (1C)|
|End voltage of discharge||6.0V|
|Dimension of cell||5.5*41*58mm|
|Charging temperature range||0~45℃|
|Discharging temperature range||-20~85℃|
|Connector||Molex, JST connectors etc|
|Protection Circuit Module (PCM)||Overcharge protect,over-discharge protect, over current protect, short-circuit protect|
|Warranty life||12 months|
UN38.3, MSDS, IEC62133, CB, KC, BIS, PSE, UL1642, UL2054, Reach, RoHS etc.